Care Instructions (Apparel)
CARE INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HEAT TRANSFER VINYL (HTV) AND SUBLIMATION DESIGNED APPAREL:
- Do not dry clean.
- Wash and dry garments inside out. By turning the shirts inside out, you’re giving them a layer of protection during the wash. While washing and drying clothes, they’re rubbing up against each other and that abrasion during washing can cause your vinyl to peel prematurely or allow colors from other clothing items to "bleed" onto item.
- Choose cold water temperature settings for the wash. When washing shirts that have HTV on them, you don’t want your water temperature to exceed 178 degrees Fahrenheit. High temperatures can weaken the adhesive on the vinyl which can cause the vinyl to peel or crack. We recommend sublimation designs also be washed in cold water.
- Use mild detergent. Detergents that are “green” can be too harsh. You should also avoid bleach and fabric softeners in order to make the vinyl last as long as possible.
- Dry on a low/tumble setting or hang dry. Tumble dry or low heat or hang dry your HTV garments for best results. Hang drying will minimize any wrinkles you see in HTV after washing. DO NOT HANG DRY USING METAL HANGERS!
- Do not iron directly on a design. Ironing will melt the HTV or damage the colors of sublimation designs. If you must iron the shirt, make sure to use low heat and place a dish towel or cloth over the transfer.
- DO NOT use metal hangers, they may leave rust marks
- DO NOT wash in hot water
- DO NOT iron
- DO NOT over load washer/dryer
- DO NOT dry clean
- DO NOT use chlorine bleach or a bleach substitute
- DO NOT use a fabric softener, i.e. Downy, Woolite, on MXS Moisture – Management Garments – it reduces wicking properties